Image credit: shutterstock.com/g/alisafarov
As Pride Month is coming to an end, now is a good time to ensure your company’s health benefits package represents your entire workforce.
Healthcare disparities among the LGBTQ+ community are common. Due to this, around 35% of LGBTQ+ community members do not receive healthcare because of past visits being negative. The provider could have been unsupportive and/or uneducated about the LGBTQ+ community and their needs.
When assembling a benefits package, ensure you have vetted LGBTQ+ affirming healthcare providers that:
- Are trained to care for LGBTQ+ patients.
- Have experience providing care to LGBTQ+ community members.
- Provide care specific to LGBTQ+ needs, like gender-affirming hormone treatments and surgery.
- Have staff that uses inclusive language and gender-affirming pronouns.
- Support parents of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Include affirming OB/GYNs, fertility specialists, or surrogacy agencies for those that want to expand their family.
- Provide mental health support and resources.
Your workforce is diverse. It’s important that your company’s benefits package reflects that.
An inclusive Employee Benefits Program is a critical element for attracting and retaining employees. For additional information on benefits programs, reach out to TSIB and speak with one of our Benefits Specialists to help you get started.
TSIB’s Risk Consultants are currently servicing the following locations:
East Coast: New York City, NY; Bergen County, NJ; Fairfield County, CT; Philadelphia, PA
Texas: Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas
California: Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County